Possible causes of weight loss resistance: hormonal imbalance, adrenal imbalance, neurotransmitter imbalance
“The program is easy to follow and the recipes in the book are delicious. I began feeling results by week two of the program and seeing results by week 3.”
If you’ve gained and lost weight over and over, you may have noticed that it gets more difficult each time to drop excess pounds. You may feel alone, but according to the Mayo Clinic, most women gain weight during adulthood. This is often true even for women who are dieting, restricting calories or engaging in extreme exercise.
Most of us were taught that that weight management is simply a matter of calorie control and discipline. But every woman who has ever been on a diet knows this is not true and is, in fact, misleading. This well-worn myth causes a tremendous amount of unnecessary guilt and suffering.
Instead, there is usually an underlying cause that interferes with weight loss, or that drives weight gain in the first place. If weight loss feels impossible for you, you may be actually resistant to it. Weight loss resistance can arise when you have a metabolic or other physiological imbalance that “tells” your body to hold onto to weight at all costs.
These “core” imbalances can involve hormone levels or adrenal function, or even the brain’s neurotransmitter function. Unusual weight accumulation can also be related to a thyroid imbalance.
On top of these obstacles, women often have stressful lives which can prompt them to turn to high-sugar, low-nutrition foods for quick energy. When a diet of empty-calorie foods is coupled with a metabolic imbalance, it’s almost inevitable that you will develop a resistance to weight loss.
Which imbalance profile best describes your experience with weight gain as a symptom?
- Weight gain and hormonal imbalance. If you are in perimenopause or menopause, or if you have PMS, fluctuating estrogen levels can affect how your body holds onto fat. Dieting and restricting calories can trigger irritability, depression, or mood swings — all common symptoms of hormonal imbalance. Hot flashes and night sweats can cause sleep problems which lead to weight gain by affecting the “satiety” hormones that signal when you’ve had enough to eat.
- Weight gain and adrenal imbalance or fatigue. If you’re under tremendous, prolonged stress, it can lead to adrenal fatigue and stubborn weight gain because stress hormones block weight loss. When you’re under stress, your body senses an “emergency” and stores unused calories as fat. A high-sugar diet, too much caffeine, and not enough sleep all make it hard for your body to maintain optimal blood sugar and cortisol levels. Other adrenal imbalance symptoms include debilitating fatigue, low libido, and memory issues.
- Weight gain and neurotransmitter imbalance. One of your brain’s neurotransmitters, serotonin, is deeply involved with both the way you gain weight and the weight loss process. Without enough serotonin, you’ll experience powerful urges to eat simple carbs and sweets because your body uses those to produce extra serotonin. This in turn stimulates your body to produce more insulin making your cravings grow even stronger. Other neurotransmitter imbalance symptoms include anxiety, depressed feelings, and interrupted sleep.
If you suspect your thyroid is connected to your weight gain, read more here.
Restore balance first to lose the weight once and for all
Trying to lose weight without success is discouraging. Our philosophy on weight loss is based on what works in our experience for women of all shapes and sizes. It’s next to impossible to lose weight until you restore balance and health — it simply doesn’t work the other way around.
If you heal the underlying imbalance that has been interfering with your ability to lose weight, you will be able to achieve and maintain your ideal weight. Our Weight Loss Resistance Program is structured so that you can overcome your own physiological barrier to weight loss.
For weight gain — our Weight Loss Resistance Program
Weight gain and the inability to lose weight are common symptoms of imbalance. Our Weight Loss Resistance Program helps you identify and overcome the metabolic obstacle that’s preventing you from losing weight. You get our exclusive metabolic formula, targeted phytotherapeutic and advanced nutritional supplements, our exclusive protein-packed WheySational snack shake, and finally, the right kind of dietary and lifestyle guidance.
- Choose your imbalance and order now risk-free.
- See more about the Program.
- Find out if you have an imbalance interfering with your weight loss process by taking our free on-line Weight Loss Profile.
If you have questions and want to talk to a real woman about how you can lose weight, call us toll-free at 1-800-448-4919. We’re here to listen and help.
Relieve your hormonal
imbalance symptoms today
- For perimenopause and menopause symptoms
- Natural and easy-to-take
- Satisfaction always guaranteed