Possible causes of anxiety: adrenal imbalance, hormonal imbalance
Anxiety is unsettling, debilitating — and can sometimes even feel incapacitating. It may be there all the time or it can sneak up on you suddenly. For many of the women following our approach, anxiety is an unpleasant, even scary, new experience. It is a common symptom of internal imbalance that can take the form of panic attacks, nervousness, unnatural fear, or it can combine with depression.
“Within two weeks of stopping your supplements, my symptoms returned, including the anxiety. So I went back on them and within just a few days I started feeling better again.”
Darah, Adrenal Health Program customer
Stress is the likeliest cause of anxiety. Most women are working demanding jobs, managing the home, taking care of kids or aging parents, and may be dealing with strained relationships on top of everything else. All of these responsibilities create stress, with far-reaching physical and emotional effects. Physical stress can include dieting and/or skipping meals, consuming too much sugar and caffeine, illness, and not getting enough sleep.
For women, stress often becomes constant — it never goes away. If most of the stress in your life is unrelenting, your body is struggling to keep up with the ongoing activation of your natural stress response. This can lead directly to adrenal imbalance.
Medications can help people with severe anxiety disorders, but for the larger number of women with chronic anxiety or mild anxiety disorders, gentle, natural approaches can provide soothing relief. The most effective natural treatments for anxiety are comprehensive and target both the physical causes of anxiety and relevant emotional issues.
Natural techniques often succeed even when other methods have failed. The most likely cause to investigate when looking for the source of your anxiety is adrenal imbalance, though sometimes it relates more directly to overall hormonal imbalance.
Which profile best describes your experience with anxiety as a symptom?
- Anxiety and adrenal imbalance. Heart palpitations, shallow breathing, “nervous stomach,” and feeling scattered and distracted can mark anxiety that is related to adrenal function. Long-term stress response activation feeds anxiety because your body and mind are never truly at rest — a vicious circle. Adrenal-related anxiety magnifies the seriousness of problems. You may feel intense fear, though you can’t identify exactly what you’re afraid of. You may feel a sense of impending doom, retreat from social interaction, eat for comfort, or become irritable and defensive.
- Anxiety and hormonal imbalance. Hot flashes and night sweats can be linked to anxiety that is brought on by hormonal imbalance in perimenopause and menopause. Anxiety is also a symptom of PMS, especially if it’s worse in the second half of your menstrual cycle. Low-grade worries which seem manageable during the day may bloom out of control at night, causing insomnia. You may feel extra grumpy or short-tempered.
Natural relief for anxiety as a symptom of adrenal imbalance
If you feel anxious, go outside right away. Take a walk or sit quietly. Notice your breathing: inhale and exhale deeply through your nose, and wait until your breathing recalibrates itself.
Why it works
An immediate change of scenery resets your senses with fresh outdoor air and natural light. Breathing through your nose taps into your parasympathetic nervous system, helping you feel calmer and less jittery.
If you feel anxious and “on edge,” it’s important to consider how much stress you have every day. Stress reduction and management are key factors to feeling better. While anxiety is unnerving, most women usually do not need drugs to feel better. A comprehensive natural approach to alleviating anxiety can help you feel calmer and less tense.
We’ve found success with phytotherapy (plant-based remedies) to help manage the effects of stress. Good, consistent nutrition and a few lifestyle adjustments are also crucially important. This combination approach addresses adrenal imbalance and limits the effects of stress on your body, solving the major physical causes of your anxiety symptoms. We’ve seen it work for thousands of women.
For anxiety — our Adrenal Health Program
Anxiety is a common symptom of adrenal imbalance. The Adrenal Health Program helps relieve symptoms and promotes natural adrenal balance with advanced nutritional supplements, our exclusive adrenal support formulas, and practical dietary and lifestyle guidance.
- If you’re ready for relief, order now with our risk-free trial.
- To learn more our approach, go to How the Adrenal Health Program works.
- To assess your symptoms, take our on-line Adrenal Health Profile.
If you have questions and want to talk to a real woman, call us toll-free at 1-800-448-4919. We’re here to listen and help.
Relieve your hormonal
imbalance symptoms today
- For perimenopause and menopause symptoms
- Natural and easy-to-take
- Satisfaction always guaranteed