We’ve been helping women embrace healthy living and natural weight loss for years
and have put together 25 of our favorite weight loss tips that really work. Some
of these tips will fit with your life, while others won’t. You may decide to tackle
all of them at once or simply make changes one at a time. Chart your own course
or take a look at our Weight Loss Resistance
Package for a more comprehensive approach to weight loss.
1. Eat a little protein whenever you eat carbohydrates
(especially foods that contain sugar).
2. Fill half of your plate with colorful non-starchy
vegetables, one quarter with lean protein, and one quarter with complex carbohydrates.
3. Use protein shakes if you are on the go, but not
more than four times per week.
4. Try a gluten-free diet.
5. Avoid high fructose corn syrup.
6. Eat more vegetables than fruit.
7. Use ghee (a type of clarified butter) instead
8. Use olive oil instead of dressings.
9. Exercise to stay strong and feel good, not simply
to “burn calories.”
10. Find something you love when it comes to exercise,
not something that feels like a chore.
11. Have some raw milk or yogurt at every meal, including
breakfast (if you can tolerate it).
12. Follow the old wisdom about making the midday
meal your main meal.
13. Don’t skip meals and if you feel hungry between
meals, have a small snack (with protein).
14. Avoid sweet snacks and go for protein and fiber.
15. Eat goat’s milk cheese instead of cow’s milk
16. Prioritize sleep and stress-relief.
17. Avoid plastics and other sources of endocrine
disruptors such as parabens (common in conditioners and lotions).
18. Don’t be fooled by fruit juice — avoid anything
that has more than 6 grams of carbs in 12 ounces and that’s pretty much every kind.
19. Rotate foods so that you don’t eat the same things
every day — we are omnivores.
20. Don’t stress too much if you occasionally over-indulge
— the effects of cortisol are often worse than too many calories once in a while.
21. Share meals with friends and family instead of
eating alone — it’s more satisfying.
22. If you are eating alone, step away from your
computer or television.
23. Add 2 tablespoons of plant oils to a healthy
smoothie (apricot kernel and pumpkin are good choices).
24. A small piece of chocolate is okay a few times
a week as long as it’s at least 60% cocoa and made with no artificial additives.
25. If you’d like a treat, try baking your favorite
dessert with stevia or xylitol instead of sugar — and remember you can always add
nuts for added fiber and protein.
If you’re struggling with stubborn weight and don’t know where to turn, we’ve put
together a Weight Loss Resistance Package
that covers all the bases for beating stubborn weight. Our approach includes a comprehensive
e-Guide with shopping lists, recipes, and weight loss tips; herbal metabolism support;
a satisfying protein snack shake; and unique herbal combinations for the most common
systemic imbalances that block weight loss, including hormonal, thyroid, adrenal
and neurotransmitter imbalance. And there are real women right here in Maine to
offer phone support and help you find your best path to weight loss.
Lose weight and
find balance naturally