Top alkalizing foods for the holidays
If it’s usually “all or nothing” for you when it comes to healthy holiday eating, then this blog is for you! That’s because for Thanksgiving celebrations and beyond, you have plenty of choices to include delicious and alkalizing foods. Here are some of my top alkalizing options to include in your holiday menus:
Let’s start with some basics. Try to find a way to include any of the following alkalizing foods in your favorite holiday recipes:
• Any greens
• Root crops
• Spices like nutmeg, cinnamon, cardamom
You can add many of these basics to traditional favorites.
Next, with a few substitutions — and a little experimentation — you can boost the alkalizing power of everything from soup to dessert. Here are just a few ideas.
• Ginger-Pumpkin Soup
• Wild Rice and Almond Stuffing
• Sweet Potatoes without added sweeteners
• Cauliflower "Mashed Potatoes"
• Avocado-Chocolate Mousse
• Pumpkin Pie without Crust
Above everything else, enjoy your pasture-raised free-range turkey, tofu turkey or any other delight you have planned. Don’t worry about the eating, just enjoy and join me in sprinkling everything with a big dose of gratitude for all that we have.
I hope you all have a healthy and happy holiday season!
* Information presented here is not intended to cure, diagnose, prevent or treat any health concerns or condition, nor is it to serve as a substitute professional medical care.