Nourish the Root to Receive the Fruit
In the last few years my vegetable garden has faltered, giving me fair plant growth but no vegetables. Then it dawned on me, “I am not adequately nourishing these plants”. With a test from our local agricultural station, I found just which nutrients I needed to give to my soil.
Once I did — viola! As you can see, my reward was a luscious vegetable-laden backyard bonanza. It’s exactly the same with our bones. We need to nourish the root of skeletal health to receive the fruit of lifelong bone strength.
4 things your bones need to maintain lifelong strength
1. A mineral rich alkaline diet high in vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, spices and legumes, as well as adequate protein. Excess metabolic acids drain the bone of precious mineral compounds. Read more about the alkaline diet and how you can test your pH.
2. Targeted nutrient supplementation — not just with calcium and vitamin D, but with the 20 key bone nutrients. These nutrients should be given in alkalizing forms and in the proper doses, such as you’ll find in my Better Bones Builder program.
3. Bones need to know they are needed! To develop and maintain strength your skeleton needs to be stimulated. Regular exercise and physical activity instant message your bones telling them you need them to grow stronger.
4. Your skeleton needs to be nourished with joy, resilience, adequate rest and positivity. Anxiety, worry and fear damage bone and as the ancients realized, “A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones” (Proverbs 17:22).
How will you aim to nourish your bones this week?
* Information presented here is not intended to cure, diagnose, prevent or treat any health concerns or condition, nor is it to serve as a substitute professional medical care.