A cookie recipe your thyroid will love
Getting enough selenium is critical for a healthy thyroid. And Brazil nuts are one of the top foods choices filled with selenium. We love eating Brazil nuts plain, but when it's time for tasty treat, we turn to this Oat-Brazil Nut Cookie recipe. Cookies that satisfy your sweet tooth and give your thyroid a boost? Yes, they exist -- and they are even gluten free! (Something else your thyroid loves.) Give our recipe a try and let us know what you think.
Oat-Brazil Nut Cookies
4 oz Brazil nuts
4 oz gluten-free rolled oats
4 oz gluten-free baking mix
1/2 C oil
1/2 C maple syrup or other sweetener
1/2 tsp vanilla
Optional: raspberry jam for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Whir nuts, oats and baking mix in food processor.
3. Stir in oil, syrup and vanilla until blended.
4. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Scoop dough into balls and top with a nut or dab of jam.
6. Bake 12-15 minutes.
Makes approximately 8-10 cookies. Mmm... enjoy!
Learn more about how simple food choices can support your thyroid!
Last updated on 02/05/2020